Your Dollars Count
The proceeds for the last 40 years of the Manhattan Beach 10k, which total more than $560,000, have been directly donated back to the Manhattan Beach community! We are so very grateful to all of you who have run or walked the race and helped make this a reality.
In June of this year, we were pleased to award five, $1000 scholarships to graduating seniors from Mira Costa High School during their Senior Recognition Night!
Some past projects the race has also contributed to:
- Various health & fitness enhancements to the recreation facilities of local schools & parks
- Scholarships to Manhattan Beach high school seniors
- Mira Costa Track refurbishing
- Yearly donations (in the thousands of dollars) to the Mira Costa High School Choir Boosters who provide us with traffic control & water station volunteers
- $11,000 exercise facility at the Manhattan Beach Middle School
- The climbing wall at Manhattan Heights Park
- The par course at the Strand and 26th. Greenbelt near Manhattan Beach Blvd. & at Polliwog Park
- Strand mile markers
- Play structure at Polliwog Park
- Artificial turf at AYSO field on Marine
We Love A Good Story
Do you have an inspirational story about your MB10k race? Did you receive one of our scholarships? Perhaps an intriguing tale about how you got involved in running? Or even something that would blow people's minds (in a good way, of course!) We want to hear from you! To share, send 1-3 paragraphs along with a high-resolution image of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your story may be featured in our email newsletter or on our social media platforms!
Don't Miss Out On Our Best Registration Deal
Early Registration is going on now through September 24, 2018. Prices will increase on September 25.
PRICING TODAY THROUGH SEPTEMBER 24 at 11:59 p.m.:
- $30 Youth (14 & under)
- $35 Adults
Online registration is available at www.mb10k.com and ends October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
*PLEASE NOTE! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT VILLAGE RUNNER, MANHATTAN BEACH AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH OCTOBER 5, 2018, BEFORE 7 P.M. ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 1, 2018 AT 11:59 P.M.
1840 Sepulveda Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
THE MB10K IS A NON-PROFIT EVENT AND THE PROCEEDS ARE DONATED TO COMMUNITY FITNESS-RELATED CAUSES AND SCHOLARSHIPS. THE RACE COMMITTEE ORGANIZERS AND RACE STAFF ARE VOLUNTEERS.
Come celebrate the 41st running of the MB10k and run or walk - October 6, 2018 at 7:30am!
We'll see you at the starting line!
Image Credit: Dig MB