Run For Fun - #mb10k
Want the exclusive MB10K Snapchat filter? The only way to get it is to finish the race. Even if you're not snapping, use the #mb10k hashtag on Instagram and Twitter to let everyone in on the fun. Show them you are running next to your friends, teammates and latest crushes. Show them you are running in a killer city that lies along the best coast, the west coast. Add your awesome story to the rich history of this race.
Whether you are running with your cross-country team, track team or a group of your besties, make sure you have fun while you are doing it! Dress up, dress alike, be a team of superheroes. Dab to the tunes of the live bands along the course! Give a shout-out to all the adoring fans supporting you! Celebrate together as you sprint over the finish line for a job well-done!
Run For The T-Shirt
When you have crossed the finish line grab your Manhattan Beach 10K Run t-shirt and wear it loud and proud! Our shirts are the best ones out of any out there. Each year we excitedly await for the new artwork to be revealed. One thing you can always expect, a killer image of our beloved Manhattan Beach.
We pride ourselves in that we have managed to keep advertising off of the shirts. The shirt isn't a billboard for sponsor logos, it's a work of art! It's super soft & offered in your choice of long or short sleeve. Check out some of the past t-shirts to the right.
Run For The Community
Since the beginning of its existence, the race profits are directly returned to the community in the form of:
- Various health & fitness enhancements to the recreation facilities of local schools & parks.
- Scholarships to Manhattan Beach high school seniors.
Of recent those donations surpass $560,000!
Some past projects the race has contributed to:
- Mira Costa Track refurbishing
- Yearly donations (in the thousands of dollars) to the Mira Costa High School Choir Boosters who provide us with traffic control & water station volunteers
- $11,000 exercise facility at the Manhattan Beach Middle School
- The climbing wall at Manhattan Heights Park
- The par course at the Strand and 26th. Greenbelt near Manhattan Beach Blvd. & at Polliwog Park
- Strand mile markers
- Play structure at Polliwog Park
- Artificial turf at AYSO field on Marine
Run For The History
TO OUR KNOWLEDGE THE HOMETOWN 10K IS THE ONLY RACE IN THE TOP 100 WITHOUT A MAJOR CORPORATE SPONSOR.
The Manhattan Beach Hometown 10k Run was founded in 1978 by a group of local runners who wanted to have a race "in town." It has always been a partnership between the City of Manhattan Beach and the Race Committee. This partnership makes keeping the race true to its original concept possible — the race is a true community event.
We are volunteers, over 100 strong, who are organized by the Race Committee. We pride ourselves on starting on time, having t-shirts that are works of art, and creating a fun community event that encourages competition and offers lots of awards. Some have even deemed the race the "Local Olympics"!